Our owner, Julie Atkins, is raising money this month for National Diabetes Awareness Month. Julie lost her son, Lucas, to Type 1 diabetes in 2021 just months after losing her husband and founder of Allsports Café, Kenneth Atkins.
Lucas was a graduate of Salem High School who went on to graduate from West Virginia University where he was a double major in Political Science and German. Lucas had a deep interest and studied German as far back as middle school and was an active member of the West Virginia University’s German Club. When not away at school, Lucas also worked in the Allsports Café restaurants.
To honor her son’s fight with diabetes, a month-long fundraiser is being held at both Allsports Café locations as well as special fund-raising events on Friday, November 10th and November 14th .
Proceeds go to American Diabetes Association.
There are lots of ways to participate and help!
- Diabeties awareness Ribbons $5
- Diabetes awareness bracelets $2
- Karaoke Fundraiser – Friday, Nov. 10 (Roanoke Location)
- Pack the House Fundraiser – Tuesday, Nov. 14 (15% of sales will be donated from both locations)
- Food/Drink Specials – Tuesday, November. 14 (both locations)